Get A free consultation with one of our staff
The Better Lives story
The Better Lives story began with Nicky and Vikki, with over 30 years’ experience between them they wanted to make a real difference to people’s lives , as previous support workers working in various settings, such as respite, community and within health settings they wanted to widen that knowledge and help people achieve their goals and dreams. Nicky and Vikki had hands on experience in helping people move from residential settings into their own homes in the community. They recognised the need for a service that supported people to gain knowledge, experience and skills to make this happen, this set the foundations for Better Lives.
Established in 2009 a plan was put together, Nicky and Vikki worked hard to plan a service that offered social inclusion , empowerment and greatness. They wanted there customers to have the help and support they needed to achieve, gain happiness and learn skills. The service today consists of a passionate team of professionals working with customers daily to meet needs. Support is offered within a group setting or within customers’ homes or both. The main ethos at Better Lives is to do just that, live a Better Life.
The Support and Activities that we offer
Our overall aim is to provide an individual person centered support plan which assists you in meeting your needs. At Better Lives we aim for success by supporting and encouraging you to build on your existing knowledge, giving you the motivation to develop new skills through increased self-esteem and self-confidence.
Below is a list of independent living skills we offer support with:
- Assistance and or supervision with personal care .
- Assistance with appropriate clothing.
- Assistance with GP appointments/ Health referrals.
- Assistance with well-being programmes / healthy eating and fitness.
- Assistance with communication literature, post and form filling
- Assistance with budgeting / finances / money management
- Assistance with Menu planning , food Shopping, cooking.
- Assistance and advice on applying for benefits.
- Assistance in accessing public transport.
- Assistance in a relevant work placement, employment or training at a college and continued support to maintain this.
- Assistance to access the library.
- Referral to other relevant professional support networks.
- Whilst at Better lives we recognise the importance of meeting independent skills we also understand that it is important for you to build and maintain social skills. A fulfilled life is a happy life so social inclusion is of high importance ,to help you achieve this we have developed a comprehensive activity program which covers all basis, so if you like to catch a film at the cinema , chill out by the lake fishing or get fit in the gym , we cover it.
In addition to the above we recognise that having a break from daily life is also important , for this reason we offer a yearly short break . We have a variety of short breaks on offer from activity holidays climbing , fencing, boat building . If this doesn’t take your fancy we have caravan holidays on offer allowing you to chill out on the beach and have a break from it all.
Opposite is a list of just some of the activities we cover under our social inclusion plan
Pool, darts, skittles, snooker
Walking and keep fit
Sports activities inclusive of badminton , dodgeball, football, squash
Kite flying , drone flying , remote control cars
Attending day trips
And much much more
Take a look at our
We have partnered up with UK Care Guide to appear on their website. There website directs its users to leading home care services in the UK and we are proud that they have chosen to add us. The UK Care Guide website itself offers support to its users across a breadth of care related issues.
With the costs of moving in a care home becoming ever more expensive, there has been a sharp increase in people looking for live in care support. This means that an individual can stay in their home whilst a professional carer, comes in to lookk after them. The care will then often stay with the individual on a full time basis. To read more about live in care, and the range of other types of care, such as assisted living, please do visit the UK Care Guide website for more help and information.
we take pride in our service
Our staff are our greatest asset.
As a team our experience is our greatest asset. Our qualified staff team are fun, friendly and approachable. Our staff team believe in individuality and empowerment. We know how important it is to get the right support worker to assist you and help you meet your needs, that’s why at Better Lives we pride ourselves in finding the right people to do the Job in the right way.
At better lives you will have the opportunity to take part in interviewing candidates for employment positions, we work closely with you to identify what important qualities are needed to be your support worker and most importantly what’s right for you and our other customers.